Krug & Priester
Krug & Priester
are one of, if not the the most successful German manufacturers. Krug & Priester manufacture shredders sold under the IDEAL, GBC and EBA brands in the UK and under the Destroyit brand name in the USA. EBA were the first company to manufacture paper shredders in any numbers. Krug & Priester claim to be the largest shredder manufacturer in the world.
1951 On July 1st, Wilhelm Krug and Ludwig Priester founded the Krug & Priester as a specialised retail store, repair shop, and manufacturing facility for office machines, located at Tübinger Str. 7 in Balingen. Even in the founding years Krug & Priester exhibited its products at the Hanover Fair - the basis for early success in the export business.
1956 The production facilities at Krug & Priester were enlarged by erecting additional buildings and production was concentrated on paper trimmers and duplicating machines.
1960 Krug & Priester developed paper shredders for the American market; along with the cutting machines they became a major force for production and world-wide distribution. A new office building at the Schickhardtstraße site made it possible to merge production and administration at one location.
1966 2000 sqm production space were added in a new building.
1970 A neighbouring piece of land with a production building was acquired and used as a workshop for the tool and die makers and for the R & D department of Krug & Priester.
1986 The purchase of an additional site enabled Krug & Priester to build a modern, environmentally friendly powder coating plant. Product innovations and modern marketing methods guaranteed further growth as well as higher market shares for IDEAL shredders and IDEAL paper cutting machines.
1991 Krug & Priester celebrated its 40th anniversary. A 50 per cent partnership was acquired in the longstanding US agency, which helped to secure a larger market share in the most important export market of the company.
1994 Krug & Priester acquired 93 percent of the shares of its longstanding French agent, E.A. Clémentz & Cie., Reichstett.
1998 Krug & Priester became the leading manufacturer worldwide for paper shredders and office cutting machines. Including the sales of the partner companies in the USA and France are, the turnover was considerably over 100 Million German Marks.
2005 Krug & Priester invested into the location Balingen and the extension of the administration building by further 1.000 sqm in the Simon-Schweitzer-Strasse. The purpose of this was the centralisation of all commercial and technical administration departments on one floor; for improved internal communication - with shorter distances, more efficiency and optimised work courses.
1953 The production of duplicating machines, paper trimmers, ballpoint pens and spray guns moved into the first company-owned building on Schickhardtstraße.
1958 The retail division of the company was abandoned. Guillotine paper cutters supplemented the production program.
1964 The production space was adapted to the steadily growing demand for IDEAL products.
1968 Wilhelm Krug left the company. Wolfgang Priester joined as a new share holder in the limited partnership.
1976 Happiness about the 25th anniversary of the company and the acquisition of a neighbouring site over 10,000 sqm, which assured, that the firm had room to expand in the future, sadness on the other hand about the death of company founder Ludwig Priester. The firm was carefully restructured, new buildings replaced old ones, modern CNC technology was introduced, and intensified, customer oriented distribution ensures further expansion.
1990 A new administration building with a modern logistics center was opened at the Simon-Schweitzer-Straße.
1992 The reunification of Germany created a big demand for IDEAL products. Krug & Priester turnover reached almost 90 Million German Marks.
1996 The extension of the production premises by a further 2,000 sqm finalised the constructional development as per today.
2001 On June 30th Krug & Priester celebrated its 50th Anniversary in the municipal festivity hall of Balingen. During that time the company has 380 employees in Balingen.
|Your way to us:|
||From Stuttgart Airport
- Motorway A 81 Stuttgart-Singen
- Exit "Empfingen" (31), direction Balingen
- continue on B 27 until exit "Balingen-Nord"
- or: directly from the Airport on "B 27" until exit "Balingen Nord"
|From Zuerich Airport
- Motorway A 81 Singen-Stuttgart
- Exit "Rottweil" (34)
- continue on "B 27" until exit "Balingen-Nord"